Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thrifting 101

    When people compliment me on what I'm wearing, often times, I like to tell them where I found the item and how much I paid for it, not because it was a lot, but because it was a little.  In response, I hear a lot of "You find the best deals!" "I don't know how you do it!" and "I could never master the art of thrifting!"  For those of you who see thrifting as a challenge, click this link!

   
     I have written a little article, a guidebook, to help you on your journey, into the land of inexpensive fabulousness!



Vintage Sparkle Bag with Animal Print Handle $2 at Lighthouse Christian Store

WHAT A DEAL!

Be sure to check out my article and let me know if you have any other tips on thrifting, sharing is caring!

Happy Thrifting!!! 

 

  

6 comments:

  1. Such a great article. Thrifting is so good not only because of the prices but also it reduces consumption as we are reusing clothes. And I just love your point that thrifting is buying "pieces that were born when the trend came around originally”. genius. Thanks for sharing!

    ps.
    to answer your question -
    I’m wearing the white leather top in this post:
    http://beachanddress.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-white.html
    but you’re right, I probably should show it off better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I am one of the ones who never seems to have any luck when thrifting :( Off to read that article now! x Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for following me!! I followed you on twitter,pinterest and via email:) but I coulnd't find you facebook group;(
    fashionresidence.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting article on thrifting. Also love your view on fashion, love your quotes. I hope I can use them sometime, giving the credit back to you. Found your blog on Fashion Parkway and would love to keep up.

    http://leolateal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete